Monday, October 18, 2010

I've Fallen In Love!

I love living in a place that has four seasons.  Each of the seasons is wonderful and beautiful in its own way.  Right now, all the wonderful things about fall invade my thoughts.

The girly-girl in me loves all the fall clothes. I love skirts and tights, fun flats and fashion boots, cozy sweaters, felt and knitted hats, scarves and vests. Not to mention the handbags (is pink a fall color?). And the coats!  I also love all the places to wear such fun fashion: Daughters of the King, Leaf Raking parties, Harvest Parties, Harvest Dinners...

I love the traditions of fall.  We decorate for fall and I get to pull out all the beautiful things that I sadly put away the day after Thanksgiving last year.  It makes the whole house feel warm and cozy.  Plus, my DH makes fires in the fire place that crackle and pop.  We also have "popcorn Thursday."  We pop the kernels on the stove and enjoy it with apple cider while we watch The Office.  One of my favorite traditions in fall was, at one time, being at a football game and marching with the band a half time.  Since those days have past me by, I now enjoy falling asleep on the couch while football is on TV. I like to open the window just enough to need a blanket to snuggle in.


Fall food is incredible!  Chili and cornbread, pot roasts, stews, stuffed peppers, pumpkin and apple pies  and donuts and cider.  There is something about fall that makes me want to spend all day baking!  Of course, with the food comes the outings to pick apples and hayrides to find perfect pumpkins-both of which I have done this year, baby in tow.

It may go against the girly-girl thing. but there is something magical about being outside in the fall.  The air is just cool enough and there is the faintest sweetness mixed with wood smoke aroma in the air.  There is something about the way the blue sky mixes with the colors of the leaves and evergreens that speaks to me.  I am so glad that God has given us the ability to appreciate the beauty of his creation.

Sometimes I think I might be happy if fall was all year, but then I think that it might not be so special to me.  So, I'll take it for the short time it is here and try to love every day of it. I'm sure that by the time the last leaves fall and the snow begins, I'll be ready for the winter (is pink a winter color?).



1 comment: